It's almost allergy season, every year patients ask us about treating spring allergies with acupuncture. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could enjoy the beautiful blue sky and the fragrance of flowers without the sneezing, itchy eyes or congestion? Here are 6 tips, you can try to relieve your allergies:
- Cook up some delicious and spicy food. Try cayenne pepper and garlic; spices thin mucous secretions, which in turn can clear nasal passages.
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home, shoes can track all sorts of dust and pollen into your home.
- Change pillow cases more often if you have allergies to pollen or dust, both of which cling to pillow cases and can make your allergies worse as you sleep.
- Vacuum often with a HEPA filter.
- Change your air conditioning filters, HEPA filters trap pollen spores so that you can experience relief in your home.
- See your acupuncturist. We typically recommend people come in 2-3 weeks before allergy season starts to help keep symptoms at bay. Give us a call or send a text to 201-431-5066.
Let's spring into spring!