- Start small, and think small changes that are easy to stick with. Did you know that a pound of fat is approximately 3,500 calories? So if you eat 100 less calories a day for a year, you can lose 10lbs in a year. Not a lot, but an easy change if you think that 100 calories is just a half cup of rice, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a small cookie, or 8 doritos chips.
- Drink water instead of sodas or juices. Even if you drink diet drinks, the toxic fake sugar substitutes trick your brain into craving more real sugar, which can cause you to eat empty calories.
- Conscious eating: Always pay attention when you eat, the best bites of food are the first ones you take. Focus on the taste and texture of what you are eating and you will feel satiated quicker.
- Recognize when you are truly hungry. Ask yourself, “Am I full? Do I need this 2nd slice of cake?”
- Focus more on what you CAN eat. Think of “adding” foods. Add fruits and veggies, perhaps challenge yourself to eating 3 different types of vegetables or fruits a day. You’ll be thinking about how to eat those instead of worrying about not being able to eat sometime else.
- Keep a food journal and reasons why you are eating: hunger, boredom, the food is there and accessible. A quick tip here is to not buy junk foods you love, then if you have a craving you don’t have access to it.
- My favorite tip of all: don’t focus so much on it. Be honest, are you eating well? Are you exercising? Are you truly overweight or are you just weight conscious because society wants us to be thin?
Below are 7 simple personal tips I've complied to help you lose weight, please click into my webpage HERE to learn about my opinions on dieting and more details on weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.
I want to share with you the fantastic news that Bergen Magazine has featured Pema Chen Acupuncture as the BEST Acupuncturist in Bergen County, New Jersey!! We are in this month's magazine, pick up a copy and check us out!
It is such an honor to be listed as #1, and I want to thank all my friends, family, patients, supporters, and especially those that voted for me!
Pema Chen Acupuncture is located in Englewood, New Jersey. We serve all areas of Bergen County and beyond. Our acupuncture services treat people who live and work in Englewood, Teaneck, Englewood Cliffs, Fort Lee, Leonia, Palisades Park, Hackensack, Edgewater, Ridgefield, Cliffside Park, Moonachie, Little Ferry, Bogota, Bergenfield, Tenafly, Cresskill, Alpine, Demarest, Dumont, Haworth, Closter, and many of our patients drive an hour or even 2 to see us!
I am excited to announce that I have officially received my diploma for the completion of my degree as a Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM). I am thrilled to be one of the first in my field to complete acupuncture studies on a doctoral level and I look forward to leading a medicine so full of ancient wisdom into the future. Below is a copy of my diploma, thank you for sharing in my joy!
Dr. Pema Chen
It's almost allergy season, every year patients ask us about treating spring allergies with acupuncture. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could enjoy the beautiful blue sky and the fragrance of flowers without the sneezing, itchy eyes or congestion? Here are 6 tips, you can try to relieve your allergies:
Let's spring into spring!
Feedspot, a web organizing tool described by lifehacker.com as “a Google Reader Replacement with Tons of Sharing Features,” has posted it's 50 Best Acupuncture Blogs on the Planet.
Link for details here:Feedspot
"The Best Acupuncture blogs from thousands of top Acupuncture blogs in our index using search and social metrics.
These blogs are ranked based on following criteria
I created this quick YouTube video on 3 acupuncture points you can massage to relieve your headache and migraine pain. It's quick and easy, so I hope it helps the many people out there suffering from headaches and migraines. Don't hesitate to contact our offices in Englewood, New Jersey or any of our New York City locations if you need more help.
I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving with so much gratitude from Pema Chen Acupuncture! This holiday is the perfect time for me to say THANK YOU for your support, referrals, and trust in my practice!
I hope you enjoy delicious food and wonderful company with loved ones this Thursday.
I know a favorite part of acupuncture treatments for many of you at Pema Chen Acupuncture in Englewood, NJ are the 15 minutes of cupping and acupressure you receive. Looks like many Olympic athletes use it as therapy too!
American Olympic Gymnast Alexander Naddour says this about cupping, "That’s been the secret that I have had through this year that keeps me healthy. It’s been better than any money I’ve spent on anything else."
Click on the links below to check out cupping pictures of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer Ruta Meilutyte, Olympic Gymnast Alexander Naddour, and many others!
USA Today: Cupping helps heal the USA men's Olympic gymnastics team
NYTimes: What Are the Purple Dots on Michael Phelps? Cupping Has an Olympic Moment
People: Michael Phelps Shows Bruises from Cupping at Rio Olympics
Go Team USA!
*Photo credit from Lee Jin-man at www.people.com
Pema Chen is a NY and NJ licensed acupuncturist who is devoted to providing you with the highest quality of care.